By Martin Pauly ✈ September 9, 2021
The following is a collection of useful articles and other publications you may find helpful.
- AIM Is Non-Regulatory analyzes the legal (binding) nature (or lack thereof) of the AIM and explains why it is still a very good idea to understand and follow its guidance.
- Traffic Pattern Calls: TMI reviews what is and what is not useful to communicate effectively on the CTAF at uncontrolled airports.
- VOR Decommissioning: October 2020 Update is an update on the FAA’s progress towards the MON (Minimum Operational Network).
- Pelican’s Perch #18: Mixture Magic takes a detailed look at everything pilots should learn about the mixture knob in pilot training (though most probably don’t).
- Pelican’s Perch #19: Putting It All Together provides very useful guidance for engine operation through the various phases of flight.
- AC 90-66B Non-Towered Airport Flight Operations reviews best practices for flying and radio communications at uncontrolled airports.
- Instrument Rating Oral Exam and Mock Checkride with Jason Blair